Lockdown and the pandemic have caused many of us to find ourselves turning inward, discovering aspects of our personalities that we have not yet had experience of. In this thoughtful and contemplative ConsciousCafe Global online event, Malcolm Stern, a practising psychotherapist for more than 30 years, will be giving us guidance about how we can learn to understand ourselves better in order to master our emotions and find peace of mind.
Faced with his own personal challenges, Malcolm realised he had been using and teaching ten practices on a regular basis in his life and in his work. He has outlined these in his new book “Slay your Dragons with Compassion - 10 Ways to Thrive Even When It Feels Impossible". These simple practices can be done by anyone with the willingness to face themselves and each of them has the potential to be life-changing. They include:
* “Bearing Witness” - how to really hear another without trying to fix them.
* “Finding your radar”. Most of us are led by logic and ignore the legitimate sixth sense of intuition.
* Letting your relationships educate you. Upgrading our relationships and defining the skills inherent in that process.
* Creating a sangha (a Buddhist term for community). Keeping company with others of like mind can support us through tough times.
* Slay your dragons with compassion - How to face ourselves and others with authenticity and integrity.
This evening’s interactive talk will explore these practices and will show you how you can work with them yourself. The talk will be followed by an interactive Q&A.
This is an online event. Please book on Eventbrite. The link to the Zoom meeting will be sent to you the day before the event.
Malcolm Stern originally trained in Humanistic Psychology and has been seeing groups, couples and individuals for more than 30 years . He is a Co-Director and Co-founder of Alternatives at St James’s Piccadilly and runs psychotherapy groups internationally.
He co-presented the Channel 4 series on relationships Made for Each Other in 2003 and 2004. “Slay your Dragons with Compassion - 10 Ways to Thrive Even When It Feels Impossible" is his third book. You can find it on Amazon here.
ConsciousCafe is a not-for-profit organisation, a friendly and welcoming community, a place to live life consciously.